Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Classic Books


This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Favorite Classic Books

You guys, this topic is so up my alley. As a future English teacher who has an English Literature minor, I kind of have an obsession with the classics. So here are my all-time favorites! Warning: A lot of Jane Austen books are included!


1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
2. Persuasion by Jane Austen
3. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell


4. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
5. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
6. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck


7. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
8. The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
9. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger


10. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

5 comments:

  1. Great books! I love reading classics! Even though they're often hard work, it's nice to read one every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read North and South. I watched the BBC mini series and loved it a lot, so I think I'd like the book too!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! I need to give Frankenstein a try! In an odd moment of insanity, I did buy this one! Wanted to give it a go because I love my classic monster movies and wanted to read its "origin" story!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Austen too! I've seen a lot of her books today and it makes me so excited that people love her just as much as do. These lists definitely remind me that I need to read Frankenstein soon!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! On so many of these books.Half of them made my list as well. I really need to read Northanger Abbey, I hear it's referred to as a "Gothic parody" and I love both of those things! Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...