Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (180)

 

This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Meet Cute: Some People are Destined to Meet
By: Various Authors
Release Date: January 2, 2018
Whether or not you believe in fate, or luck, or love at first sight, every romance has to start somewhere. MEET CUTE is an anthology of original short stories featuring tales of "how they first met" from some of today’s most popular YA authors. 

Readers will experience Nina LaCour's beautifully written piece about two Bay Area girls meeting via a cranky customer service Tweet, Sara Shepard's glossy tale about a magazine intern and a young rock star, Nicola Yoon's imaginative take on break-ups and make-ups, Katie Cotugno's story of two teens hiding out from the police at a house party, and Huntley Fitzpatrick's charming love story that begins over iced teas at a diner. There’s futuristic flirting from Kass Morgan and Katharine McGee, a riveting transgender heroine from Meredith Russo, a subway missed connection moment from Jocelyn Davies, and a girl determined to get out of her small town from Ibi Zoboi. Jennifer Armentrout writes a sweet story about finding love from a missing library book, Emery Lord has a heartwarming and funny tale of two girls stuck in an airport, Dhonielle Clayton takes a thoughtful, speculate approach to pre-destined love, and Julie Murphy dreams up a fun twist on reality dating show contestants. 

This incredibly talented group of authors brings us a collection of stories that are at turns romantic and witty, epic and everyday, heartbreaking and real.


-----------------------------

I was looking at some Instagram stories and came across Emery Lord's where she shared a picture of her ARC copy of this book. I had no idea this was releasing, so when I saw her instastory, I flipped out. I love Jennifer Armentrout, Huntley Fitzpatrick, Nicola Yoon, and Emery Lord (only a few of the authors who contributed to this anthology), and the premise of this book sounds so adorable! I am definitely going to pick up a copy of this book when it releases! I can't wait! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Not my kind of read but I hope you positively love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this one as well, some of the authors are amazing. I'm sure it will be a great read.
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...