Monday, May 1, 2017

Book Review: Pipe Dreams by Sarina Bowen

Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers #3)
By Sarina Bowen
Release Date: May 2, 2017
Source: Publisher
A goalie has to trust his instincts, even when taking a shot to the heart…

Mike Beacon is a champion at defending the net, but off the ice, he’s not so lucky. A widower and a single father, he’s never forgotten Lauren Williams, the ex who gave him the best year of his life. When Lauren reappears in the Bruisers office during the playoffs, Beacon sees his chance to make things right.

Lauren hates that she’s forced to travel with the team she used to work for and the man who broke her heart. There’s still undeniable sexual tension running between her and Mike, but she won’t go down that road again. She’s focused on her plans for the future—she doesn’t need a man to make her dreams of motherhood come true.

Lauren plays her best defensive game, but she’s no match for the dark-eyed goalie. When the field of play moves to Florida, things heat up on the beach.

One of Mike’s biggest fans doesn’t approve—his teenage daughter. But a true competitor knows not to waste the perfect shot at love.
 



There is nothing Sarina Bowen writes that I don't love, and that especially includes her hockey romances. Sarina creates the most amazing, talented men who happen to have hearts of gold and I find myself swooning from the first page that I meet them. And Mike Beacon was definitely no exception! 

Family comes first for Mike Beacon, especially when it comes to his daughter. As a widower, Beacon tries his best to juggle being the goalie for the Brooklyn Bruisers and being a good father who actually raises his daughter. Lauren Williams has not wanted anything to do with hockey ever since Beacon broke her heart. When her boss requires her to travel with the team to help out, Lauren wants nothing to do with Beacon. Beacon, on the other hand, has other plans. With Lauren around a whole lot more again, Beacon sees it as an opportunity to set things right and get the love of his life back. But no matter how strong their chemistry is, Lauren is finally in a place where she's figuring out what she wants in life and doesn't know if she can risk another heartbreak again… 

Oh, man. Who knew a single dad could be so yummy? I loved the hockey player side of Beacon, but I think I fell for his father side so much more. He was so cute whenever he would spend time with his daughter and he really valued her emotions and feelings, especially when it came to Lauren. I loved how he tried so hard to balance his life as an athlete while still trying to be there for his daughter. And their babysitter/violin teacher/live-in friend was so awesome and I loved their family dynamics. 

This second chance romance was so addicting and lovable and just stole my heart. It was so heartbreaking watching Lauren have to be around Beacon after he had broken her heart in the past. We get to understand why Beacon made that decision, but it still doesn't make it any easier on Lauren. I loved Lauren's character and how driven she was. She was trying to be happy with how her life had turned out, so of course having Beacon back in her life freaked her out. Being around Beacon, though, allowed Lauren to show her softer side, not just to Beacon but also to those she worked with, and I loved watching her break down the more Beacon wooed her. And woo her he did! 

Can I gush about this book any more? As always, there was so much hockey in this one and I loved seeing the guys (and girls) from the first two books hanging out in this one. SO MUCH HOCKEY AND I WAS SO HAPPY. Seriously, I was one happy girl after reading this book and I could't keep the smile off my face. And did I mention this was emotional? Because I had some tears in my eyes at one point, which just shows how attached I became to these characters. All I can say now is that I NEED A BECCA AND NATE BOOK. GIVE IT TO ME NOW. Please.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...