Sunday, May 7, 2017

Book Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3)
By Sarah J Maas
Release Date: May 2, 2017
Source: Amazon
Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Rosesseries.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.

As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords-and hunt for allies in unexpected places.

In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.
 



HOW IS IT ALREADY OVER? I took a personal day and read this 699 page beauty in one day and I still can't believe the next installment of my favorite series is already over. So many emotions, surprises, twists, and turns, and I have no idea how I survived that book! 

I am not going to give a summary of the book to avoid series spoilers, but just know that this is the third book to the A Court of Thorns and Roses series. These books deal with a conflict among the Fae and between the Fae and the Human race. 

I was utter trash for Rhys and Feyre in ACOMAF and I've got to say, I think I liked ACOMAF more because of the uncertainty and angst that wasn't present in this book. Don't get me wrong, I loved their relationship in this book, but I love the journey and resistance of beginning of a relationship in a book over reading about a couple that's already together. Instead, this book focused a lot more on war and political talk. There was a point about 160 pages in the book that reallllyyyyy slowed down and I was actually dozing off. I think that things started with a bang and were really intense, but then some strategy had to be discussed and things really slowed down for about fifty pages. Once the talk was over, though, there were intense battles and heart-pumping scenes that had me hanging on to every page. 

What I loved most about this book was definitely the surprises and twists thrown in all throughout the story. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't pick up on any of the surprises near the end, so I was totally shocked. I was squealing so many times and I actually cried twice, which never happens to me in books. I could not put this book down until I knew all of my babies were okay and to see how the culminating battle would end. And can we talk about how many amazing characters were in this book? I love everyone that's a part of Rhys's inner circle and Cassian and Lucien definitely became two of my favorite characters! And Mor! And Amren! Okay, so pretty much everyone was my favorite character...

Overall, I absolutely loved this book and am dying to figure out who the next books are about. Like I said, I think ACOMAF is still my favorite in the series because of the romance junkie that I am, but I still loved this book and could not stop reading. My heart was jumping out of my chest and I freaked out on more than one occasion. For an AMAZING series and the amazing conclusion to Rhys and Feyre's story, you have to pick up ACOWAR!




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...