This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!
This Week's Topic: Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations
Hmmmm this one is so hard! I almost always love the book better, but there have been movie adaptations where I am shocked that I didn't hate it. I'm always skeptical if books can live up to the amazing writing of the book, so some of these movies are ones that turned out a lot better than I was expecting. Or loved the movie first, then read the book and realized it was just as amazing.
1. All the Harry Potter books by JK Rowling
2. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
4. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Oh gosh. There's nothing worse than seeing a book you love be completely murdered on screen. I go in hoping this will be the most amazing movie ever because I just loved the characters and story in the book. But they either completely change the story or cast characters that completely ruin the movie (*cough* Miley Cyrus *cough*). I mean, burning down the Burrow in Harry Potter when that did NOT happen in the book? COMPLETELY changing Harry and Ginny's first kiss to a super awkward moment? That's so not okay. So here are some movies that really stick out in my mind as being completely awful in terms of following some books that I absolutely loved when I read them.
1. The Last Song by Nichola Sparks
2. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
3. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
4. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling
5. The Clique by Lisi Harrison