Thursday, November 1, 2012

Follow My Book Blog Friday (61)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Question: What is a deal breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can't deal with bad editing? 

Answer: Well this question is a lot like last week's question (which I talked about insta-love being annoying in books), so I'll come up with something different! Hmmmmm....I don't think there's really anything that's a "deal breaker" when it comes to books. For me, I have to finish the book because I've already invested the time in it that I might as well finish it! I mean, not every single book you read is going to be your next favorite book...


BUT, I really really hate it when an author decides to completely change a character in a series. Like in Jenny Han's Summer series, she completely changed my favorite character in the last book (Jeremiah) and it completely broke my heart! That's not the way he was in the first two books, so you're obviously wrong...


I wanted to take the book and completely rewrite it so that his character was the same amazing one in the first two books, not some immature little boy who only cared about himself. Ugh, sorry about my rant. Haha, I was not happy with how that series ended! But I still finished it because that's just what I do :)



10 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, why did you have to bring up Jeremiah?! That was probably my least favorite part of that book! T^T
    (but yeah, that kind of thing bugs the heck out of my too!)

    new follower :)

    Here’s my FF
    And don’t forget to check out my blogoversary giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Once I start a book, I feel compelled to finish it no matter what.

    New Follower :)

    You cna follow me back @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean by changing the character! It makes me want to rip my hair out!

    Love the gifs.
    New follower.
    Alise - My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't experienced that too much myself. But it would be kind of a deal breaker to totally change a character like that for no reason. I can understand reasons, especially if something major happened that changed the character.

    Love the Elf video!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That WOULD be annoying! Author should be true to the characters they've created! Old follower via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answer. :)
    My F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2012/11/friday-56-9-feature-friday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good answer, I agree.

    http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I applaud your ability to finish a book once you've started. I used to do that, but my TBR pile has gotten too big for me to waste time on books I'm not enjoying. I hate it when characters change mid-series for no reason too. I always hope that an author understands her characters enough to realistically change...for the good or bad. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've ever experienced a character changing mid-series before. Perhaps I don't read enough series? :) I WOULD find that really annoying though!

    I’m a new follower by GFC. You can find my FF here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...