Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (63)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

This Is What Happy Looks Like
By Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date: April 2, 2013
Summary: In This is What Happy Looks Like, Jennifer E. Smith's new YA novel, perfect strangers Graham Larkin and Ellie O'Neill meet—albeit virtually—when Graham accidentally sends Ellie an email about his pet pig, Wilbur. In the tradition of romantic movies like "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle," the two 17-year-olds strike up an email relationship, even though they live on opposite sides of the country and don't even know each other's first names.

Through a series of funny and poignant messages, Graham and Ellie make a true connection, sharing intimate details about their lives, hopes and fears. But they don't tell each other everything; Graham doesn't know the major secret hidden in Ellie's family tree, and Ellie is innocently unaware that Graham is actually a world-famous teen actor living in Los Angeles.

When the location for the shoot of Graham's new film falls through, he sees an opportunity to take their relationship from online to in-person, managing to get the production relocated to picturesque Henley, Maine, where Ellie lives. But can a star as famous as Graham have a real relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie's mom want her to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

Just as they did in The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, the hands of fate intervene in wondrous ways in this YA novel that delivers on high concept romance in lush and thoughtful prose.



Oh. My. Goodness. A book like "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless In Seattle"? Give it to me now!!!!!!!! Not only did I love The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, but this book sounds absolutely amazing on its own. I love the whole idea of the online relationship that starts from an accidental email about a pig (what's the story behind the pig??). And Graham is my absolute favorite name ever (it's my bears name), so I know I'm going to really love the male lead of this book. Mmmm and he's a famous teen actor? And she has a major family secret? Seriously, someone give me this book now! I'm so sad it doesn't come out until April. APRIL! Boo :( I'm just going to have to dream about how amazing this book will be until I can get my hands on a copy....

15 comments:

  1. This book sounds super sweet. I haven't read the author's other book yet, but it's been on my TBR list for a while! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so cute! Adding it to my Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a contemp reader but still hope you love this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds beyond awesome :). I loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight too and I'm dying to get my hands on This is What Happy Looks Like !! I love the name Graham too !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this book all over the place, great pick! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds soooooooo cute! Also the fact that he accidentally emailed her about his pig name Wilbur!! hahahaa. Love it.

    Thanks for visiting Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved TSPOLAFS, so I will definitely be checking this one out.

    Jenny @ Book Sojourner
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-2-stolen-nights.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I love You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle! This right up my street and I totally agree with you! Ahhhh! Lol! Thanks for sharing this, its on my TBR list right now! And the cover is pretty cool! I like the animation added to it.not gives the book a depth I think! Sorry I'm rambling! Lol.

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to read this book!!! :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for this one too! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the sound of this one and I would absolutely love to read it when it comes out. Great pick.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is your bear named Graham because of Teddy Grahams? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. JESSICA! YES YES YES!
    I love TSPOLAFS and I want this book SO badly... even if it *is* kind of superficial. I just love that cover. SO much ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...