Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Book Review: Crushed by KC Blake

Summary: The Noah sisters rule Titan High with their beauty, brains, and magical powers. 

Each year they play a secret game: Crushed. The girls pick their targets carefully and blow enchanted dust into the boy’s faces, charming them, but this year Kristen makes a grave mistake. She chooses the wrong boy and almost dies that same day. Coincidence? Maybe. 

But something isn’t quite right about Zach Bevian. He doesn’t behave like a boy who’s been Crushed. He goes from hot to cold, from looking at her with contempt to asking her out on a date. She doesn’t know what to think. Does he hate her or is he truly falling for her? Is he trying to kill her, or is he trying to save her?


Review: When I first started this book, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I felt like the Noah sisters were really immature and I thought they were in 7th or 8th grade but ended up being seniors in high school. So it took me a couple of chapters to actually like the characters, but once that happened I thought that this was a fun book to read. I thought it was cute how Kristen Crushed Zach on a dare and then ended up really falling for him, but magic made her doubt if everything was even real. The added new evil witch in town made the story suspenseful and wondering what was going to happen next. I enjoyed the magic of this book, but sometimes I felt like it was just the easy solution to some of their problems. Like something would go wrong, so they threw random magic that hadn't been mentioned yet at it and everything was fixed. Other than that part, the magic they used was cool and it was nice to see it being used in a way you know teenage girls couldn't help. Who wouldn't make guys follow them around like puppies if they had the power to? This may be a young adult book, but I'd say it was more geared to the younger YA audience. Crushed had a really cute take on magic and it was a fun story to read. ***Check out my interview with the author, KC Blake, right here***




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...