Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Things I Want to Quit but Know I Can't

This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit by Know I Can't

1. Ugly crying after seriously emotional books

I don't cry that often when I read sad books. But when I do, I go all out. The culprits? Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I had full on sobs and I know that I can never stop that habit when it comes to those seriously emotional books. 

2. Spending hours on Amazon looking at books to add to my Wishlist

Whenever I get an Amazon gift card, I end up spending at least two hours looking through the book section, trying to decide which books I just have to own. It's always such a hard decision and I always feel super pressured. And after I purchase the books I've finally decided on, I always find more books that I get mad at myself for not thinking of before. Ugh, the decisions are just too hard! 

3. Getting excited whenever we pass a Barnes & Noble or a Half Price Books

Just ask my sister. Literally any time we pass a book store, I say something and joke about stopping by. She just rolls her eyes and tells me no and reminds me that I already have wayyyyy too many books. But still, nothing beats going to a book store! 

4. Doing a happy dance whenever I get book mail

I may have been blogging for over four years now, but the excitement that comes with opening the mailbox to find those beautiful packages inside never grows old. I still love book mail and look forward to getting the mail every day to see if anything good has come for me!

5. Obsessing over characters like they are real people


Any time I read a book that I am just instantly drawn in to (pretty much anything by Colleen Hoover), I start thinking of the characters as real people and I become obsessed with their story. When I was reading Confess with my friend Sarah from Words With Sarah, I would text her so many OMGs and exclamation points over what was happening in that book. I felt like those people were so real and I truly cared about how their lives would turn out!

6. Buying books when I already own way too many


I just can't help myself! I want them all. 

7. Freaking out if ANYTHING happens to any of my books

If anything comes even remotely close to hurting one of my books, I have a major freak out. My dog chewed the corner of one of my books and I was FURIOUS. Then, a couple of weeks later, my sister spilled Diet Coke on my copy of Confess by Colleen Hoover and not even a second later she said she'd buy me a new one and repeatedly said she was sorry. She knows how crazy I am! Don't worry, a couple of days later my new copy arrived and all was forgiven :)

8. Completely fangirling over authors

I get SO nervous when I meet an author in real life. The day I met Colleen Hoover, Abbi Glines, and Jamie McGuire on their tour last year, I was a mess. What was I supposed to say? How was I supposed to act? I was so so so nervous and all I ended up saying was something like, "Oh my gosh, I love your books!" And that was it. Creative, right? It's not even when I meet them in real life, either. If an author even so much as favorites one of my tweets or replies to one of my tweets, I freak out. They're like celebrities to me and I can't help but fangirling over them!

9. Judging a book by its cover

If a book has an ugly cover or a cover that's just okay, my desire to read it goes down a couple of notches. If a book has an utterly gorgeous cover, I am much more likely to pick it up. I can't help it! I'm a cover snob!

10. Getting mad at myself for not reading enough


No matter how many books I read in a month, it never seems like enough. I can read 3 books a month or 10 books a month and still feel like a failure for both of those instances. Ugh. There are just SO MANY BOOKS out there that I want to read and I know I'll never get to them all…but a girl can dream!


3 comments:

  1. Haha!! Good ones! There are some here that I will say I will be glad to never quit! LOL! Mostly the fangirling and excited bits!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to most of these!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-25/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. Full of useful resource and great layout very easy on the eyes. Please do keep up this great work...
    Agen Sbobet
    Bandar Bola

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...