Friday, March 21, 2014

Follow My Book Blog Friday (128)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Question: Have your reading habits changed in the past few years? Did you get interested in a new genre? Do you read more? Less? Why do you think your habits changed, if they did? 

Answer: I definitely read more. A lot more. Why? Because there are SO MANY BOOKS TO READ. 


I'm so serious. I read all the time, and I still have a TBR pile that is insanely long. I rarely get to read a book from the library because I have so many to review! I still love the books I review, so I guess it's okay if I have to miss out on some other reads because I simply don't have time. But to prove how much more I've been reading within the past couple of years, just look at my Goodreads yearly reading challenges over the past four years. In 2011, I read 136 books. In 2012, I read 131 books. In 2013, I read 177 books. Now, my goal for 2014 is to read 170 books and I'm already 2 ahead of that goal at the rate I'm going. So between 2013 and 2014, I read 46 more books. How crazy is that? And I still have A TON of books I need to read. Here's to another year of fantastic reading! 

9 comments:

  1. My TBR List is also extremely long! I think its decreasing and then I add a ton more books to it that I am excited to read! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through Wow, that's a lot of books. I'm hoping to get to 150 this year.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same :) My TBR list grows each day even though I know I'll probably never read them all.

    Old Follower
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. My TBR pile is extremely long as well. I need to stop getting books to review and concentrate on what I have, but like you said there are soooooooo many books out there..and I want them..I want them all...lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOMG, my TBR pile became out of control over those years myself! First it started with Borders closing. I bought books at nearly every sale level. Picked up series I was debating about and ones that I did want and were put out early--that was the first week of closing anyway.

    Then I went to RT 3 times and not only were there FREE books, there were other books I discovered and I HAD to HAVE them! And what better time to buy them there and get them signed?! But yeah, definitely Borders closing and all the free books are what created about 75% of my TBR mountain. The other 25% was me buying the books I wanted to read and blogger recommendations that I haven't gotten to yet!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow on how many books you are able to get through! I can't read that fast but I'm glad you are able to! I am an new bloglovin' follower!

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree
    Here's My FFF

    ReplyDelete
  7. My TBR is so intimidating! It needs a spring clean, but I'd be afraid to remove an awesome book from the list and miss out on a great story.

    New bloglovin follower
    My FF
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean. Any dedicated book lovers TBR list is going to be never-ending, at least that's how mine looks like it's going to be. But life would be boring without all those worlds waiting to be visited.

    New follower via GFC, BlogLovin, & Twitter!
    My FF: http://booksnifferbookreviews.blogspot.com/p/feature-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...