Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (57)



This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!


The Friday Society
By Adrienne Kress
Release Date: December 6, 2012
Summary: An action-packed tale of gowns, guys, guns--and the heroines who use them all

Set in Edwardian London, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man.

It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder--and the crimes they believe may be connected to it--without calling too much attention to themselves.

Told with Adrienne Kress's sharp wit and a great deal of irreverence, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike--well, relatively ladylike--heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.



How awesome does this book sound? Gowns, guys, guns....what more could you ask for? I love the idea of this being set in Edwardian London because that time period is one of my favorites! Add in a steampunk storyline and you're bound to get a pretty great book. This sounds like a steampunk Charlie's Angels and I can't wait to be able to read it! And the added mystery makes it sound even more intriguing. Why does December have to be so far away???

4 comments:

  1. Nice! This one looks familiar, but I can't place where I think I've seen it. Just know I've seen that cover somewhere before! Hope you enjoy it once it releases!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yea I can't wait to read my copy soon! it sounds totally kick butt!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love strong main characters.. can't wait for this one!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds fab, and it's the first I've heard of it. Definitely going to have to check it out. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...