Thursday, September 13, 2012

Follow My Book Blog Friday (54)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!


Question: What hyped up book do you think was not worth all the talk? 

Answer: 


I would definitely agree that Fifty Shades of Grey was wayyyyyy too hyped up for the quality it actually ended up being. The story was so badly written and the main character was just SO STUPID that I couldn't get over how stupid the entire book was. 


I mean, really? A book that bad was selling millions of copies? What do people find so appealing about such a bad book? I think people were just excited that an erotica book was being so widely read that everyone else wanted to read it just to feel cool too. But it was awful. The characters were annoying and very unintelligent and I couldn't even make it through the second book. Not to mention it started out as Twilight fan fiction. That should have warned me right there. 


13 comments:

  1. Different strokes for different folks. You see, I actually liked (ok…to be honest…loved) this series. I agree it's poorly written but Christian Grey just struck a note with me. Definitely one of my guilty pleasures.

    Here's my FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with ya, sister. This was my answer too! :D Old Follower. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I haven't even tried with that one. Noooot interested at all.

    Have a good weekend!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! I totally agree! New GFC follower, by the way! :D
    -My FF via Novel Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I never read these either despite the hype. Think I am too conservative. I love a good love scene but can't bring myself to read erotica. It's not the genre for me really.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree! The book had some really disgusting parts I don't know how it became so popular!

    new follower :)
    here's our FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. I agree with you on 50 shades.

    From those that liked it, I have been told.. that while it was bad.. the writing, etc.. it was somehow addicting in a strange way.
    I have read the first, but decided that was all for me. I couldn't go any further.

    New follower via GFC
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I heard this book was awful so have just skipped it all together... and I agree with you... I think it's just that it's socially acceptable erotica... something you can pick up at Target or the grocery store... so a lot of people are "doing it" and have easy access to it, and don't have to be ashamed.

    Thanks for the hop answer!
    Old follower here
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! I am a new follower. I like your blog! Please follow my blog:http://morgankatz505.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read 50 Shades, and I doubt I ever will. The fact that it started off as Twilight fanfiction is so hilarious to me, plus the storyline just seems ridiculous, as does the male lead. It makes me laugh whenever people talk about him being their dream guy! But at least it's got people reading, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so hear what everyone is saying about 50 shades, I don't get it at all.
    New follower and new to FF.
    Thanks
    I.M.
    http://adventitiousreading.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fresh feeling your blog is, moreover, it is an enjoyment to read your

    post.guild war 2 gold

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...