Thursday, September 27, 2012

Book Review: Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

Unspoken
By Sarah Rees Brennan
Release Date: September 11, 2012
Source: Publisher
Summary: Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head.

But all that changes when the Lynburns return.

The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?



Review: This book was just...wow. I knew I was going to really enjoy this book after looking at the cover (I mean, how gorgeous is it??) but I had no idea it was going to be THAT good!

Kami has been talking to Jared in her head ever since she could remember, but she's never been sure if he's actually real or she's just plain old crazy. When the Lynburns come back into town, though, Kami is positive she isn't the crazy one. This family that seems to evoke fear from the very mention of their name are finally back and Kami is determined to get to the bottom of their story. 

After some snooping around the family, Kami finally runs into the notoriously dangerous Lynburn, Jared. Could it be Kami's Jared she's known her entire life? And as dead animals start to turn up and someone keeps on trying to kill her, Kami is about to find out just how dangerous the Lynburn family can be. 

There are so many aspects that go into this story that it's entirely impossible to ever get bored. There is mystery, murder, romance, and even magic! The beginning was a little confusing because there were so many unknown answers, but that just made the story that much more intriguing. I loved Kami's character and how determined she was. Someone was trying to kill her? Oh, well let's just go in the scary woods at night anyways because the killer might be keeping a secret there. Yup, that's Kami! 

And the boys in this book aren't too shabby either! I loved both Ash and Jared and how they both fit into Kami's crazy life. And since they're both Lynburns, Kami has no idea if she can trust either of them, let alone both of them. 

I'm still left wanting more, even though the story is over. I really hope there's another one (which I'm pretty sure there will be since the title includes "The Lynburn Legacy #1") because I really want to see what's going to happen next with Kami and the Lynburn boys! I would definitely recommend Unspoken to anyone who's looking for an awesome book that's a nice break from the same old cliche stories. Get ready for a quirky, addicting story that you won't want to put down until you've read every last page.



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I really want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just the summary alone makes me want to read it. But then with your review, Oh MAN, i MUST read this! it sounds like something that I would love!!!
    Great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read! I may save it for when we get closer to Halloween since it sounds like it has a creepy vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about the story, I loved it! Got sucked right in! But I am so not a fan of the cover. While it is a very pretty cover, I just feel it is a little childish for the age of the characters in the story. But that's my opinion. You can check out my review HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one yet, but I've been seeing it around in the blogosphere. Glad you enjoyed and I look forward to reading it someday soon. Love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Free-ebooks.net
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...