Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (56)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Stealing Parker
By Miranda Kenneally
Release Date: October 1, 2012
Summary: Red-hot author Miranda Kenneally hits one out of the park in this return to Catching Jordan's Hundred Oaks High.

After a scandal rocks their conservative small town, 17-year-old Parker Shelton goes overboard trying to prove that she won't turn out like her mother: a lesbian. The all-star third-baseman quits the softball team, drops 20 pounds and starts making out with guys--a lot. But hitting on the hot new assistant baseball coach might be taking it a step too far...especially when he starts flirting back.






I seriously LOVED Catching Jordan, which was about a girl football player, and when I saw that Miranda Kenneally was coming out with another sports romance, I knew I had to get my hands on a copy stat. And the main character falls for a baseball coach? Mmmmmm I just know I'm going to love this story even more than the last! Not only does it sound like a good romance, but it also deals with some serious issues, so I know it's not all fluff (though there's never anything wrong with that....). I'm glad October 1st isn't that far away because I'm dying to read this one! 

9 comments:

  1. Nice! Not one for contemporaries but hope you enjoy this one! Think it's up on Netgalley too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one who desperately wants this book! I loved Catching Jordan so much that Miranda Kenneally is an auto-buy for me.

    My WoW - http://robolobolynsuniverseofbooks.blogspot.ca/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-never-let-you-go.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about Catching Jordan. I managed to snag one of these at BEA, and I'm very much looking forward to reading both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope Stealing Parker is as good as Catching Jordan. Great pick. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesing book choice. Will definitely have to check it out. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sports contemporary? Interesting. Not a huge fan of sports, but the general idea sounds pretty unique. And tragic in a way. I'll have to look out for this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice choice! I haven't tried any sports contemporaries yet, but I just recently found a love of contemporaries, so I will have to give it a go. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I got Chasing Jordan after reading your review, sadly I haven't read it yet. I hope it's as good as its companion :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't read Chasing Jordan, but I've heard great things, so I'm really excited about Stealing Parker! Really love how the covers match too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...