This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!
This Week's Topic: Top Ten Reasons I Love Being a Blogger/Reader
Is that a serious question? It's like asking why I love chocolate or puppies. Why do I love being a blogger/reader? Because I couldn't imagine life without it. Seriously. I've always been a reader, and ever since I started to blog three years ago, reading has become an even bigger part of my life, if that's possible. For the sake of the question, though, I'll try to come up with my top ten reasons why I love my life as a blogger/reader.
1. I get to read all the time, and have a perfectly legitimate excuse for doing it. Oh, you want to hang out? Sorry, I have to finish this really awesome book so that I can review it. I'm not being antisocial, I'm being responsible!
2. I realized that authors are actually real people too and enjoy talking to you! I still get giddy when an author replies to one of my emails or tweets. They're like celebrities to me and any time I get to talk to them is surreal.
3. I've been able to read so many new books I otherwise wouldn't have. Blogging means I'm exposed to SO MANY authors, genres, and books that I had no idea even existed. I've read some pretty amazing books in genres I had no idea I would like thanks to blogging.
4. I have something to talk to people about. There's nothing I love more than meeting new people and figuring out they like to read. With all of the books I've read, I'm bound to have read or at least heard of a book they've read too. I've met some of my really good friends thanks to our similar taste in books, and that's all thanks to me being such an obsessive reader.
5. I've been able to decide my future career. I've always known I wanted to be a teacher, and in high school I decided to teach high school math because math had always been easy for me. Right before going to college, though, around the same exact time I started this blog, I realized I wanted books to be a part of my future, so I switched to Secondary English Education. I am so happy with that decision and wouldn't change my major for the world.
6. I've learned so much about the world. I hated social studies classes in high school and history has always been boring to me. Good thing I found historical romances, because history is anything but boring in those books! I love learning about new places and times in history when they're paired with an addicting, good story. A little romance thrown into those historical stories doesn't hurt either ;)
7. I've been able to bond with people just like me. I admit, I can be a complete fangirl over certain books and authors. Being a blogger, it is totally acceptable for me to become completely obsessed with a book, because there are other people out there just as obsessed, maybe even more obsessed, than me. It's good to know I'm not crazy!
8. I've been able to experience and understand different lives. Authors are so talented and some of them know how to write truly amazing books about very emotional experience. I mean, hello, John Green anyone? I have no idea what it's like to have cancer or know young people with cancer, but after reading The Fault In Our Stars, I have been able to experience how emotional that life is. Books open my eyes to how different people live, and I love them for that.
Okay, so I can only come up with 8. But 8 reasons is pretty good since I started this post off with basically saying I love everything about being a blogger/reader. I absolutely love this life and wouldn't trade it for the world :)