Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (68)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Going Vintage
By Lindsey Leavitt
Release Date: March 26, 2013
Summary: When Mallory discovers that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is cheating on her with an online girlfriend, she swears off boys. She also swears off modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to "go vintage" and return to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn't cheat on you online). She sets out to complete grandma's list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous. But the list is trickier than it looks. And obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how good Oliver (Jeremy's cousin) smells. But with the help of her sister, she'll get it done. Somehow. Lindsey Leavitt perfectly pairs heartfelt family moments, laugh-out-loud humor, and a little bit of romance in this delightful contemporary novel.



It's been forever since I've read a YA contemporary romance, so when I saw this one, I knew I had to read it. A girl "going vintage" by adopting her grandmother's goals from 1962 and completely abandoning technology sounds like a book I won't be able to put down. Mallory sound so cool with her goals of sewing a dress and hosting a dinner party that I know I'm just going to love reading about her. And Oliver sounds absolutely yummy. I'm so excited for this one to come out! March just can't come soon enough! 



7 comments:

  1. sounds...fluffy. not my cup of sugary tea but i hope you enjoy it!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be a contemporary I could like.

    If you get a chance, visit my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one on my to-read list but I'm not really all that excited about it. Sounds interesting... I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out. Nice pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I can't wait to read this! I recently got approved on NetGalley, so I will be reading it soon.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Not a contemp reader myself, but I have been seeing this a lot lately!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm REALLY excited for this book! It sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...