Saturday, April 28, 2018

Book Review: Bad Intentions by Charleigh Rose

Bad Intentions (Bad Love #2)
by Charleigh Rose
Release Date: April 27, 2018
Source: Author
Lo
Moving to River’s Edge was supposed to be a fresh start.
Away from chaos.
Away from bad influences and worse relationships.
All I wanted was to give my little brother more of a chance than I ever had.
It should’ve been simple.
I didn’t count on my transgressions following me.
And I definitely didn’t count on meeting Dare.
Tall, tortured, and tattooed.
A Lost Boy through and through.
Falling for someone like him was asking for heartache.
But I was a sucker for punishment.

Dare
I had a routine.
Eat, work, sleep, repeat, only ever doing the bare minimum to keep up appearances.
I kept my circle small and my guard high.
I spent years making sure I didn’t repeat the mistakes of my past, forming an impenetrable layer of ice around my heart.
Then Logan showed up in my town, in my tattoo shop, testing my patience along with my self-control.
She was fire and I was ice.
I should’ve stayed away.
But I had been cold for far too long.


Whenever Charleigh Rose has a new release, I want to drop everything and read it. I was so excited for Dare's story and couldn't wait to watch the tattooed, silent bad boy fall in love! 

Lo has spent her entire life taking care of her younger brother, Jesse. When she finally decides they've had enough and moves them to River's Edge together, she's hoping she can provide the safe, stable life her brother has always deserved. When she stumbles into the tattoo shop looking for a job and finds Dare, Lo is put off by his rude demeanor, no matter how attractive she may find him. And Lo has just gotten out of a seriously unhealthy relationship and is in no rush to jump into another one. The more she sticks around town, though, the more she runs into Dare and they find that they kind of need each other after all. 

Going into this one, I found myself sucked into the story of Lo and Dare. I really admired Lo and how much she loved her younger brother. When Lo and Dare first met, I liked how Lo was not impressed with his bad attitude and only continued to butt heads with him until they really got to know each other. I absolutely LOVED Dare's character and how we got to know him more and more throughout the book. I mean, he was really such a softie on the inside and I wanted him all for myself. 

When it came to Dare and Lo's relationship, I did find myself wanting just a little bit more angst and development. Don't get me wrong, there was definite angst in the beginning, but I felt like it was not as drawn out as I usually like it. They did have some pretty hot moments together, though, and I liked how Lo really tried to resist him because of her past. And when he revealed his past?? Ugh, my heart! 

Not only did I love Lo and Dare, but I also loved the entire cast of characters who live in River's Edge. I definitely want a book for Jesse and Jake and all of the guys at the tattoo shop. Can this just be, like, a ten book series? I love this whole world and all of these broken characters who find someone who can help them put those pieces back together. I definitely recommend starting with book one, Bad Habit, but you HAVE to pick up Bad Intentions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...