Monday, December 18, 2017

Book Review: Flow by Kennedy Ryan

Flow (Grip #0.5)
by Kennedy Ryan
Release Date: February 25, 2017
Source: Amazon
In 8 years, Marlon James will be one of the brightest rising stars in the music industry. 

Bristol Gray will be his tough, no-nonsense manager. 

But when they first meet, she’s a college student finding her way in the world, and he’s an artist determined to make his way in it. 

From completely different worlds, all the things that should separate them only draw them closer. 

It’s a beautiful beginning, but where will the story end? 


FLOW is the prequel chronicling the week of magical days and nights that will haunt Grip & Bristol for years to come. GRIP is the full-length conclusion of their story.



All over Instagram I have seen amazing things about Kennedy Ryan's Grip series. I was in between books and I wanted something quick, so I decided to finally pick up this novella and see what the hype was all about.

Grip doesn't know what to think when he's told to pick up his best friend's twin sister from the airport. The last person he expects to pick up is a gorgeous, confident woman. He knows he should never want his best friend's sister, but sometimes you can't deny attraction…

I'm always wary going into novellas because I never think they have enough time to develop a substantial plot. Holy moly did this book have substance. From the moment Grip and Bristol met, they were intrigued by one another. What I loved about this book that a lot of other books don't have was the real, honest conversations they had with one another. Grip is black and Bristol is white and they talked about race and how interracial couples are perceived or if they've ever been in one. Nothing ever felt forced or political; they were just two people having a conversation. And Grip's personality was so fun and so impossible not to love. I honestly couldn't get enough of him. 

What more can I say? Grip and Bristol had amazing chemistry and I really loved the depth of background we got on the individual characters. Since I fell head over heels for these two characters together, I'm so nervous what's going to happen in their full-length novel, but you bet I can't way to finally read Grip


2 comments:

  1. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks.

    Information
    Click Here
    Chalmers.in.go

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...