Friday, November 17, 2017

Book Review: Bad Habit by Charleigh Rose

Bad Habit (Bad Love #1)
by Charleigh Rose
Release Date: November 16, 2017
Source: Author
BRIAR 
I was infatuated with Asher Kelley the moment he came tumbling through my brother’s window five years ago. 
Even bruised and bloodied, he was the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen. 
We couldn't ever be together. 
I was too young, and he was too untouchable. 
He was too troubled, and I was too naive. 
But the heart is rebellious, and mine decided it didn’t care about any of those things. 
As I got older, harmless flirting turned to stolen moments in dark corners. 
Until one day, he was gone without a trace. 
Now, three years later, he’s back. 
Callous and cruel. 
He’s my brother’s best friend. My parents’ worst nightmare. 
I should hate him. 
But like a Bad Habit, I can’t quit him. 

ASHER 
I was drawn to Briar Vale from the first time she looked up at me with stars in her big, blue eyes. 
She was just a kid, nothing but elbows and knees, but she was the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen. 
We could never be together. 
I was too old and she was too off limits. 
She was too good and I was too fucked up. 
Eventually, the temptation became too much to resist. 
I risked everything for a kiss and she betrayed me. 
Three years have passed and I’m forced to see her again, but now she's all grown up. 
She’s my best friend’s baby sister. My downfall. 
I hate her for what she did. 
But she's always been my drug of choice.


I became a huuuggeee fan of Charleigh Rose when I read her previous release, Misbehaved, over the summer. Ever since then, I have been dying for a new, angsty release. When I saw Bad Habit, I knew I had to read it as soon as I could get my hands on it! 

Briar Vale knows she shouldn't want her older brother's best friend. But when he stumbles through her window bloodied and broken, she knows she needs him as much as he needs her. She knows Asher is determined to leave his life behind, but he promises to never leave without saying goodbye. And then he does. Three years have passed and Asher Vale is back in town. He is as angry as the day he left and is determined to ignore Briar Vale, the girl he's wanted even when he knew he could never have her. Asher tries to hate Briar and remind himself that she's his best friend's baby sister, but the moment they lock eyes, they fall into a whirlwind of insane chemistry, irresistible temptation, and emotion that neither of them can ignore. 

Holy cow. Can I just say how much I freaking loved this book? This reminded me so much of Bully by Penelope Douglas with the angst and hate, yet the undeniable chemistry, and I loved every second of it. I really appreciated how there was a prologue of the past where Briar and Asher first acknowledged their feelings for each other, only for Asher to disappear without a trace. We really understood the depth of their emotions for one another, both the good and the bad emotions that were so prominent in their lives in the present. So when Asher sneaks back into Briar's life, you understand their anger towards one another, but you also are OBSESSED with their insane chemistry and understanding of one another. Did I mention the angst? Because there was SO MUCH ANGST and I was living for it. 

Not only was I obsessed with Briar and Asher's angry and emotional relationship, but I also loved the cast of characters present in both of their lives. Asher is best friends with Dash, Briar's older brother, and Adrian. I loved the dynamic between the three guys and how protective they all were over Briar. I also loved Natalia, Briar's best friend, and how supportive yet real she was with Briar. I definitely need a book about every single side character now! 

Overall, if you love angst, insane chemistry, and a relationship that has a long, complicated past, you definitely have to pick up Bad Habit. I was addicted to this story and so in love with Briar and Asher! Can I have the next book in the series? Like, now please?




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...