Monday, February 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Characters in YA Contemporary Novels


This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!

This Week's Topic: Top Ten Favorite Characters in YA Contemporary Novels

This week we got to pick which genre we wanted to use for our top ten favorite characters, so I decided to go with YA contemporaries! I love reading that genre and have come across so many amazing characters, so here are my top ten favorite characters...

 

Lola (Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins)
This girl is just seriously awesome. I love how she has such a spunky personality and isn't afraid to show herself through her clothes and the colors of her hair. Not to mention she lives next to the ridiculously amazing Cricket Bell. 

Honor (In Honor by Jessi Kirby)
I am absolutely obsessed with Jessi Kirby's books, but Honor has got to be my favorite character out of them. She is such an intriguing character and following the story of her after she lost her brother was so emotional. 

Jase Garrett (My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick)
Jase is seriously the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. He's sweet, caring, and is unlike any other teenage guy I know. I don't think Samantha could have done any better than that adorable boy next door. 

 

Jeane (Adorkable by Sarra Manning)
If I had to use one word to describe Jeane, it would definitely be Adorkable. Jeane is this awesome girl who has a super successful blog. She has such a unique (and cool) sense of self and style and isn't afraid to show the world that she's the boss. 

Adam (The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols)
I've literally read this book at least four times and I'm pretty sure I fall in love with Adam more and more each time. He's such a hard-headed character who isn't afraid to play mind games with Lori. I love his playful nature and how caring he turns out to me. *sigh* Why can't he be real?

Parker (Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally)
Miranda Kenneally's books are absolutely amazing and she knows how to create the perfect character. Parker is far from perfect, but that just makes her the kind of girl everyone can relate to (well, at least me). Her whole world is turned upside down and it's so interesting to see how she copes with it all, especially about the part where she has a thing with the super cute baseball coach...

 

Etienne (Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins)
Mmmm do I really have to explain myself on this one? He's french, gorgeous, and super charming. What more could you ask for in a guy?

Erin (Love Story by Jennifer Echols)
Yes, another Jennifer Echols character! In this one, Erin is a creative writing major who uses her own past with a guy who worked for her family to write her stories. Only to find out he's in her class. I loved how she reacted to the situations and played games with him through her writing. 

Lily (Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohen and David Levithan)
I love characters you can relate to, and Lily is definitely one of those kinds of girls. The way she reacts to playing the game with Dash by taking a chance against all of her introverted instincts and going all around New York was so admirable. I was rooting for her the entire journey. 


Hudson (Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler)
This girl is just too cool. She loves to bake cupcakes, is a figure skater, and ends up teaching the hunky hockey team how to be more graceful on the ice. Who wouldn't want to hang out with a bunch of hockey players? I also loved, though, how she was able to balance all of that with discovering who she really is in life. I wish this story had gone on forever!

24 comments:

  1. YAY I picked the same topic :) I also had My Life Next Door and I was going to put Jase instead of Sam and at the last minute I changed my mind!! I also LOVE Hudson from Bittersweet and Adorkable looks like a cute book, I want to read it!!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lola is such a great character :) I loved her personality. I've met most of the characters here and I really liked them. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read more contemporary books. The only one I've read on your list is Anna and the French Kiss!
    Here's my Top Ten Tuesdays Post
    Megan @ Love, Literature, Art, and Reason

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read many od these books, but the ones I have I love. Like Love Story, it was the first book I ever read from Jennifer Echols and I just love it.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-paranormal.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these! Why haven't I read them?! I'll definitely be starting Anna very very soon! And I want to read nearly every other book that's on your list as well! The characters sound amazing!
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I have heard of most books here I only read Dash & Lily and I totally agree with your choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that you included Lily! Great choice. Dash and Lily is such a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I love this genre. I still need to read a few of these, but the rest i'm totally with you on. They were all such awesome characters.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any on your list!! :( I plan to read Lola soon, though. Hudson from Bittersweet sounds like a great character!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo I love Lola too because she has a great personality :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving all these YA contemps lists today 'cause they're all just so awesome and makes me want to scream in joy every time I see one. Great list. Love it =D

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore Lily! And Etienne is absolutely charming. Must read Lola soon. And I really need to try myself some Jennifer Echols too. Great List! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't read much YA contemporary, but I do think I need to try out Anna and the French Kiss. It keeps popping up on these TTT lists!

    ReplyDelete
  14. etienne almost made my list... i am friends with rachel cohn's sister! which is pretty cool :)

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/top-ten-tuesday-5/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read almost all of these! Fantastic list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome list :D

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Pls also consider listing your blog on YA Blogosphere it's a directory listing for all YA-related blogs. Pls email me on yablogosphere@gmail.com if your interested.

    Have a lovely week :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this genre too, very swoon-worthy. Great picks although I haven't heard of all of them. Thanks for stopping by :).

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your blog design! Thanks for stopping by at my TOP10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a little behind on my contemporary YA fiction, but I love Lola, Etienne, and Jase! Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for the Lola and Parker love! They are some of my favorite contemporary heroines. I definitely need to read some of these other books. I'm sure I'll love these other characters as well. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Believe it or not I did not read anything from your list, but the characters sounds great. And lovable. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! Love Parker from Stealing Parker :)

    -Brad @ BookYAReview

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE Etienne. He's completely swoonworthy, but with flaws and quirks that make him real.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...