Sunday, February 10, 2013

Book Review: Onyx by Jennifer L Armentrout

Onyx
By Jennifer L Armentrout
Release Date: August 14, 2012
Source: Own Copy
Summary: Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Review: Okay, I think I'm calm enough to write this review now. Haha, with a day to cool off, Onyx has finally had the chance to sink in and not blow my mind as much as it did while I was reading it. Yeah, it was that awesome. 

Ever since Daemon had healed her, Katy is bonded to Daemon and weird things have been happening to her. But that's not her only problem. The DOD seems to have come into town and Katy has to hide the fact that she knows about Daemon and his kind. So when new kid Blake shows up and is assigned to be Katy's lab partner, Katy is happy to have a normal human to pay attention to for once. But her attraction to Daemon is still undeniable and Katy has no idea what to do. 

Oh boy. Daemon and Katy's attraction seems to have magnified since Opal, but so has Daemon's annoying, sarcastic personality. Nevertheless, their relationship is so addicting and I can't help but obsess over it as if they were a really couple. And Daemon's sweet side, though rare, is so completely adorable that I don't know how Katy doesn't just give in right away. Throw in the weird mojo going on with Katy and I could not put this book down at all. And when there's about 75 pages left in the book, things get CRAZY. One thing after another is thrown at you and you'll find yourself freaking out after every single page until the end. And then be prepared to freak out even more. Because, wow, what an ending. 

I am so completely in love with this series and Jennifer Armentrout never ceases to surprise me. Just when I think I know what's going to happen, WHAM. Something else comes out that catches me off guard. The characters are awesome too; Katy is one of my favorite heroines in a series and I'm pretty sure Daemon is my new book boyfriend :)

Needless to say, I am seriously addicted to this series. I'm so happy I have the third one on my Nook or else I don't know what I would do. Jennifer's books are impossible to put down and if you haven't picked one up yet, what the heck do you think you're doing? I would recommend starting this book RIGHT NOW so that you don't have to go one more day without having the gorgeous Daemon Black in your life.



2 comments:

  1. Love this book such a great series currently reading Opal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JESSICA.
    ONYX.
    FSKJGSKAJGDFKAJG.
    This book makes me EXPLODE. SO MAY FELINGS. AND AND AND... FSJGFKSJG.
    OMG.
    And Opal. OPAL. EVEN BETTER. AND... *SQUEALS*
    So glad you loved! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...