This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!
This week's topic: Top 10 Bookish Goals of 2013
Yay, another goal post!
Haha, I love making goals, so I'm super excited to share all of my bookish goals with you guys! Some of these will overlap from my goals list I did for my Follow Friday Post, but I've added some more to make a complete list of 10. Okay, so here they are:
1. Read at least 132 books In 2012 I read 131 books and I was really rushing at the end to get all of the books in, so I'm going to try to improve this year by one more book.
2. Read more classics Since I'm going to be an English teacher, I'm going to really have to know the classics. I've read a fair amount already, but there are so many out there that I really want to get through this year.
3. Post at least 2 reviews a week I love writing reviews and sharing them with my readers, but when things got really busy with school or work, I sometimes didn't even get to review one book in a week, which made me really sad. This year, I really want to focus on aiming for two reviews a week.
4. Join some read-a-thons/bookish events I've always wanted to do one of these, but they are always at the worst times. I know there's one going on right now with Bout of Books, but it's my last week of break and I didn't want to dedicate the entire week to reading, so I decided not to join. Hopefully I can take part in at least one this year!
5. Finish all of my challenges Last year, I only finished 3 out of the 6 challenges I decided to take on for that year. For 2013, I really hope I can finish every single challenge I signed up for!
6. Make a dent in my TBR pile I have SOOOO many books and I love them all so much, but there are a ton of them on my shelves and stacked under my desk that I haven't even read yet. I've heard a lot of good things about so many different books that make their way into my room (I honestly don't know how they've accumulated so much...) that I really want to get to them so I can finally understand all of the hype surrounding them.
7. Manage my review pile Sometimes, I'll get books to read for review and get completely sidetracked by all of my other books I'm reading for pleasure/review that I forget about certain review books. So this year I really want to manage my review books more and make sure to stay into contact with the publishers/authors who send them to me.
8. Host some more giveaways I love my readers, but I don't think I show that to them enough. I don't host a lot of giveaways because they take a lot of planning and commitment on my part (getting to the post office, paying in cash, having an envelope...oh the joys of living on a college campus...) so I haven't really done that a lot in the past year. In 2013, I hope I can host a lot more and really give back to my readers!
9. Stay caught up on new releases I am so spoiled by my public library at home because it always has the newest releases almost immediately after they come out. When I'm at school, I don't even know how long it takes for the public library there to get any new YA releases, which makes it really hard to keep up with all of the hot, new books everyone is talking about. I really want to make an effort to find a way to get them, whether by borrowing the e-copy from the library or borrowing from friends, so that I can stay caught up and not end up reading really awesome YA books 6 months after the hype.
10. Keep on enjoying reading I have stumbled across so many successful book blogs that have shut down because they've stopped enjoying reading. This makes me so sad because I couldn't imagine not enjoying snuggling up with a good book. But I understand how the pressure of finishing books for review and feeling guilty for maybe not liking them can really take its toll on a reader. I really want to make sure this doesn't happen to me at all! This blog is for fun and I want to keep it that way :)
And those are my goals! What about you guys? What are your bookish goals for 2013?