Thursday, August 30, 2012

Follow My Book Blog Friday (52)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!


Question: Best cover? What is the best cover of a book that you've read and didn't like? 

Answer: 
 

Isn't this over gorgeous? I actually bought this book from the bookstore, having no clue what it was about. All I knew was that the cover was really pretty, so the book had to be good too, right? Haha, no. The story ended up being so cliche, annoying, and oftentimes boring. I was so mad! A cover that pretty deserves a story that does it justice! When I see a pretty cover in the bookstore, I know I HAVE to have it on my bookshelf...


But once I read the book and it doesn't live up to the story inside, I just feel really disappointed and sad inside :(


But I can never get myself to get rid of the book because it's just so darn pretty! So covers mean a lot to me and even if the story's bad, it'll find it's way onto my shelf! I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I always do. And it may come back to bite me in the butt, but at least I have a pretty cover to look at on my book shelf :)


21 comments:

  1. LOL- Loved your answer! No worries, you're not alone, I always judge a book by its cover! Old GFC Follower!

    My FF
    ~Caitlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Great retro Mary Kate/Ashley there. Sad to hear you didn't like the story.

    New Follower
    Talk Supe F&F

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover really is pretty. I'm totally horrible and often choose books based on their covers too.

    New follower
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha your videos are so fitting to this post! I love it! I do this all the time too, a cover will be so gorgeous I won't even read the summary, I just know it has to be mine. Then it always seems that when I do read the book, the story never matches up! Its like Karma telling me to stop judging these books only by their covers. Still, I would probably have done the same thing if I'd seen this book in the store =)

    Old follower!
    My FF
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a gorgeous cover. I don't think I've heard of it before though.

    Have a good weekend!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a bummer. Doesn't look like a book I would read personally. Shame when a cover lets you down.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit ashamed to admit I always judge a book by it's cover. Speaking of which, I love Illuminated's cover. Must. Resist.

    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's pretty indeed, but I heard a lot of negative things and I tend to stay away from it. I admit that I have made the same mistake in the past, but I'm a bit more careful now.

    Come visit my FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover is pretty.. and that's sad about it not being good :( I hate wasting my time on a bad book!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Ashley
    #booknerd

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty cover.

    Old follower; love your blog.

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to feel like that about pretty covers... that I needed them to 'beautify' my shelves. LOL. But to me sometimes the suckiness of the book is stronger than its beauty, so I trade them. :)

    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice cover.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cover IS beautiful! I would have bought it for the cover too. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my FF & TGIF!
    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually had this book on my to read list. Then the reviews came in and I took it off :( Gorgeous cover though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I judge books by there cover too! They are the ones that catch my attention. =)

    New follower.
    Thanks for stopping by my FF =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAHAH your gif's are hilarious. I love this cover too - and didn't read it because of the reviews. :)

    **newest GFC follower!**

    I'd love for you to check out my FF at Between the Bind.

    xo,
    Jenna Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. New Follower from FF. Here's my link

    http://pagegirlspage.blogspot.com/

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually i think it is outstanding post. Thank's a lot for your post. Makr David.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm totally horrible and often choose books based on their covers too.
    nice idea, friend
    Sepintas Lalu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...