Monday, August 13, 2012

Book Review: Whispers in Autumn by Trisha Leigh

Whispers in Autumn
By Trisha Leigh
Release Date: July 24, 2012
Source: Author
Summary: In 2015, a race of alien Others conquered Earth. They enslaved humanity not by force, but through an aggressive mind control that turned people into contented, unquestioning robots. 

Except sixteen-year-old Althea isn’t content at all, and she doesn’t need the mysterious note inside her locket to tell her she’s Something Else. It also warns her to trust no one, so she hides the pieces that make her different, even though it means being alone. 

The autumn she meets Lucas, everything changes. 

Althea and Lucas are immune to the alien mind control, and together they search for the reason why. What they uncover is a stunning truth the Others never anticipated, one with the potential to free the brainwashed human race. 

It’s not who they are that makes them special, but what.

And what they are is a threat. One the Others are determined to eliminate for good.

Review: I had never heard of this book until the author contacted me for a review. I read the summary and thought that it sounded like a fun read, so I was like why not? I had no idea I was in for an amazing story that just wouldn't let me go until I was done!

Althea switches bodies throughout the seasons, but she's never been to summer before. Each season brings her to one of her three families to live a synchronized, content life that everyone else in her country lives. They go to school at the same time, get home at the same time, and watch the same programs every night. The only emotion people feel is contentment, perfectly fine following the orders of the Others. But Althea can feel more than that, and she can't trust anyone. With strange powers that involve heat and fire, Althea has no idea what she is and if she can trust the Others. When she meets Lucas, she knows there's something different about him, but could there possibly be someone out there just like her? 

There was such a good storyline in this books (kind of like a mix between Divergent, Hunger Games, The Giver, and Uglies) and I could not stop reading it! There's mystery, action, and a little bit of romance (which we all know I love!) so there's something for everyone! Althea is a great, strong main character and Lucas is the perfect counterpart. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book because I was just dying to know what would happen to Lucas and Althea. And to figure out about their pasts! There's enough mystery to keep you interested, but not too much to make you annoyed, so it was perfect! I'm really excited for the next book to come out so I can see what happens next to Althea and Lucas! If you love a good Dystopian novel, then Whispers in Autumn is absolutely perfect for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...