Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday (24)

Shelf Candy is a meme hosted by Five Alarm Book Reviews and every Saturday, bloggers choose a book whose cover really catches their eye. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I always do, so I'm choosing books whose cover alone made me pick it up. So I hope you enjoy my shelf candy!


I remember seeing this cover and I knew right then that I had to read this book! Too bad it doesn't come out until June :( But it looks so good! I'm a sucker for any book where there's a couple that looks completely in love on the cover. When I looked at the summary, it said that the story is like Romeo and Juliet and I totally get that from the cover! They look "tempted" to kiss each other, but it's a temptation because they know it's wrong! And the lighting and colors behind them really make the cover work. I just love looking at this cover and am excited to see it in person when it finally comes out! 


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cover. I agree, the lighting is awesome. I bet that it is even more beautiful in person. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cover. The lighting is fantastic. Its just so perfect, like a scene of a movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sun in her hair, and the lighting effect. If only they tilted their chins down a little... they would be touching noses rather than kissing, but it *would* make that glow between them into a heart-shape, and that's the first thing I noticed about this cover. Great pick!

    Here’s my Shelf Candy.
    Annie @ CandleLit Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jessica! Oh, I agree -- this is a totally beautiful cover!! it's a very bold, striking image. The light is handled so skillfully, moving around the edges of the silhouetted couple to create a soft, tender glow... It's very simple, and very stunning.

    Thanks for sharing this awesome cover!! Happy Saturday!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica! Wonderful pick! I haven't heard of this book and it is a beautiful cover. I am also a sucker for a couple in love on the cover. Can't wait!! Thanks for sharing!
    Kimberly
    www.thewindypages.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...