Friday, November 11, 2016

Book Review: Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage

Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men #1)
By Linda Kage
Release Date: October 15, 2013
Source: Amazon
I don’t care what my cousin says; I am not the queen of impossible relationships. I mean, just because my last boyfriend tried to kill me and left a bit of a scar on my neck, then forced me to move across the country and legally change my name to Reese Randall to escape him, does not mean—

Oh, who am I kidding? For a freshman in college, I have to have the worst dating track record ever.

It’s no wonder love is the last thing on my mind when Mason Lowe enters my life. But the chemistry between us is like bam! Our connection defies logic. And he’s just so freaking hot. Being around him makes me feel more alive than I’ve ever felt before. I even like bickering with him. He could be my soul mate...except for one teeny tiny glitch.

He's a gigolo.

Boy, do I know how to pick them.

Oh. My. Goodness. Seriously? I did not expect to love this book as much as I did. On my youtube channel, I asked my subscribers to recommend a book for me to read this month and this book had the most votes. They DEFINITELY know what I like and couldn't have recommended a better book! 

Reese is running away from a psycho ex-boyfriend who is trying to kill her, which means moving halfway across the country to live with her aunt and uncle and attending the community college. Her first day there, though, she is captivated by Mason, the guy her cousin Eva is quick to inform her is a notorious gigolo. Reese is instantly intrigued, but knows she could never have a relationship with the deliciously handsome man. Mason does what he has to for his family, and if that means fulfilling the fantasies of rich, lonely housewives, then he'll do it. But the moment he lays eyes on Reese, he isn't as satisfied with his life as he thought he was…

Oh, this book. This book! I didn't know how I would like a book about a gigolo, but Reese was aware of his occupation from the moment she met him and I loved how intrigued she was. When they met, there was a clear attraction between them, but neither of them had any intention of falling in love or even dating one another. The friendship that formed between them was absolutely adorable and I loved their flirty banter and how much they grew to really know and care for each other. Both Reese and Mason cared so much for Mason's sister and I loved how they both could show their vulnerable side concerning her and really bond with each other. And their chemistry?!?! HOT HOT HOT. Oh my gosh, I was dying for them to just kiss already! And why can't Mason be real? He was just…perfection. I mean, other than the fact that he was a gigolo…

You would think it would have been annoying how much Mason and Reese would almost get together but then not…but it wasn't. This book was so well paced and so realistic that I was driven crazy by their attraction but wasn't annoyed with the wait. So much of this book was realistic and I loved how much both characters had going on outside of their own relationship. Both Reese and Mason had real problems that they were trying to deal with on their own but ultimately turned to each other for help with. 

Seriously, I cannot rave enough about this book. I would have read it in one night if I hadn't had to get up at 5:30 the next morning for school. I forced myself to put it down so that I would be coherent enough to teach the next day. I already know that I need to pick up every other book in this series ASAP if they're anything like this book. The romance is so captivating and stole my heart. Every new adult fan HAS to read this book and meet Mason Lowe for themselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...