Friday, May 23, 2014

Follow My Book Blog Friday (137)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Question: Have you ever convinced someone to read a book, a series, or a whole genre? What book(s) and who was it? 

Answer: I recommend books to my sister all the time and it's always hit and miss with those. Sometimes she loves them, sometimes she can't stand them and doesn't even finish the book. The biggest success I've had, though, was when I recommended Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson to my dad. My dad is a very picky reader and it's hard to find a book that'll keep his interest from start to finish. However, he ended up loving Steelheart just as much as I did. When he told me how much he liked it, on the inside I was like


I love it when people love books that I recommend. I told my sister to read it too, but she hasn't gotten around to it yet with all of the other books I tell her she has to read right away. Trust me, she has a super long list of recommendations from me, so it'll probably take awhile for her to get to it. But my dad was able to enjoy the fantastic novel, so that's really all that matters. Hopefully I can continue giving good recommendations and show people just how awesome reading can be with the right book! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh nice! My sister and I have some shared interests in reading but not many. So I find it hard to recommend things to her. She likes a lot of dystopian YA, while I only like select few. But the fact that we have had some shared titles between us is a win!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Steelheart. I'll have to check it out.
    I'm an existing follower on Bloglovin'.
    DIane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same thing with my sister, I've recommended her such a list that she doesn't know where to start! Also, yaay Jeremy Renner gif! Haven't heard of Steelheart either, but it looks really good on Goodreads! I'm an old Bloglovin' and GFC follower! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you had a great weekend so far!
    My Friday Memes
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...