Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Book Review: Burn by Maya Banks

Burn
By Maya Banks
Release Date: August 6, 2013
Source: Publisher
Summary: Ash, Jace, and Gabe: three of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the country. They’re accustomed to getting anything they want. Anything at all. For Ash, it’s the woman who changes everything he’s ever known about dominance and desire... 

When it comes to sex, Ash McIntyre has always explored his wilder side—extreme and uncompromising. He demands control. And he prefers women who want it like that. Even the women he’s shared with his best friend, Jace. 

But Jace is involved with a woman he has no intention of sharing. And now even Gabe has settled into a relationship with a woman who gives him everything he needs, leaving Ash feeling restless and unfulfilled. 

Then Ash meets Josie, who seems immune to his charms and his wealth. Intrigued, he begins a relentless pursuit, determined she won’t be the one who got away. He never imagined the one woman to tell him no would be the only woman who’d ever drive him to the edge of desire.


Review: There's definitely a reason Maya Banks named her series Breathless, because the men in each of her books seriously take my breath away. And she saved the best for last: Ash.

On the outside, Ash is known as the cool, down-to-earth guy everyone loves. But on the inside, he's much, much more than that. With his two best friends and business partners settling down with the women they love, Ash is feeling restless. When Ash meets Josie, he knows there's something about her that's different. Used to being on her own, Josie doesn't know if she's ready for a guy like Ash, but as he constantly shows up just when she needs him, there's nothing standing in between their undeniable chemistry and Ash's insistent need to take care of the new, independent woman in his life. 

I knew as soon as I met the three guys in the first book of this series that Ash would be my favorite. And Burn gave me a story that took Ash and made him into everything I thought he was and more. While Ash has always been charming, the way he takes care of his girl is so gosh darn cute. Doesn't every girl want a man who treats her like she's someone special? Beyond special, like she's the only girl in the world for him? Um, I think so. And that's exactly how Ash acts towards Josie. *sigh* Ash just knows how to treat a girl right. 

Not only is Ash amazing, but I really loved Josie and, even though I was burning with envy, I was so happy someone like her was there for Ash. He needed someone to finally focus on and Josie's independence yet need to be taken care of were perfect for Ash. And when that thing happens near the end. HOLY CRAP. I was freaking out from that moment until the end of the book. Seriously, just ask my sister. I was definitely not expecting that thing to happen (sorry, don't want to ruin it!) but how things wrapped up ended this series perfectly. 

I'm so sad that Burn is the last book of this series, but it is definitely my favorite. With the yummiest man and the best story, Burn is a book you do not want to miss. Maya Banks is an amazing write and knows how to write some steamy romances- I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the series wrapped up perfectly :) So many series endings have been falling flat for me lately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...