Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (40)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

The Sweetest Spell
By Suzanne Selfors
Release Date: August 21, 2012
Summary: Emmeline Thistle has always had a mysterious bond with cows, beginning on the night of her birth, when the local bovines saved the infant cast aside to die in the forest. But Emmeline was unaware that this bond has also given her a magical ability to transform milk into chocolate, a very valuable gift in a kingdom where chocolate is more rare and more precious than gold or jewels. Then one day Owen Oak, a dairyman’s son, teaches Emmeline to churn milk into butter—and instead she creates a delicious chocolate confection that immediately makes her a target for every greedy, power-hungry person in the kingdom of Anglund. Only Owen loves Emmeline for who she truly is, not her magical skill. But is his love enough to save her from the danger all around her?

In a departure from her contemporary teen romances, Suzanne Selfors crafts an irresistible re-imagined fairy tale that will tempt readers with a delicious story of love that is sweeter than the richest chocolate.



Irresistible re-imagined fairy tale???? Ummm yes please! This one sounds so good, not only because I'm completely obsessed with any modern retellings of fairy tales, but because the story itself sounds really good. I know this is going to be an awesome romance, and you all know romance is my absolute favorite genre. I heard about this book so long ago and the release date isn't coming any closer! Is it August yet??

18 comments:

  1. OOoh that does sound good! I loooove fairy tales! So excited that books are taking on that theme lately!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice!! I added it to my TBR list.

    Also an old follower. :)

    My WoW


    -Riya

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sweetest Spell looks tempting. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so excited for this one too!! can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I'm waiting a little closer to the release date to read this one, but it sounds kinda cute. :) I love all of these fairy tale reimaginings!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW pick. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh this sounds very chocolaty......need to check it out...

    thanks for visiting WoW post here

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an interesting pick. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Libby Blog! Here's our Waiting on Weds this week! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet but I'm definitely adding it to my list. It sounds so good and I love fairy tales.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds very interesting. And I love the cover!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got this on my tbr list too. It sounds wicked cute!

    Here's my TT If you'd like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds so interesting!! I hadn't heard about this before, but I'll definitely have to be on the lookout for this when it comes out.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Laura @ The Traveling Owl

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful cover!! :) Thanks for stopping by earlier today!


    Michelle @ The Bookish Poodle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chocolate? Magic? A swoon-worthy cover? Oh man, I am sold!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that sounds a bit strange... LOL. But yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool pick! I have to say, I wasn't expecting that premise. Sounds neat, though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...