Friday, March 23, 2012

Follow My Book Blog Friday (32)


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Question: What is the longest book you've ever read? What are your favorite 600+ page reads? 

Answer: Hmmm I honestly have no idea. I'd have to say the longest books I've read were the Harry Potter books. The Host by Stephanie Meyer was just over 600 pages and it was awesome! I know people don't like her because of Twilight, but The Host was actually al really good read! Crime and Punishment was up in the 500s and so was City of Glass and both of those are really great books. That's all I can think of! What's so great about Harry Potter, though, is that it brought so many people back into reading and really changed their lives. That series that got up into the 800 page range made a huge difference in reading and if you haven't read it yet, you seriously need to get out of the rock you're living under and pick it up RIGHT NOW!




And you know what? It's friday! And I went to the Hunger Games premiere last night (aka this morning) and I'm just in a great mood (my review of the movie is right here!). So here's a little Joey and Chandler dance to share my happiness right now...







15 comments:

  1. I haven't read many books over 600 pages and my favorite one was 585 pages. Check out my FF here
    New follower. Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow...following back :)
    The Host and the Potter books seem popular choices today.

    Vikki @ V's Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks for the dance. I just came back from watching the movie at 9:15 in the morning. I agree that the host was so much better than Twilight.

    My FF

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jubilee by Margaret Walker (640 pages)

    www.writersdolaundrytoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter is definitely a hot pick today! Those were only a few of the books I read that were over 600 pages! Keep thinking of more as I see others' posts!!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jesscia! Thanks for the comment on my blog :) I think everyone is picking Harry Potter today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crime and Punishment is a great feat and one I need to do read still. Here's my Follow Friday Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm the only person in the world who just couldn't get into "The Host". And Crime and Punishment is one I went with Cliff's Notes on ;)

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked The Host! I didn't realize it was that long! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you loved the Hunger Games...I haven't gotten to the theater yet. I love your explanation of Harry Potter and its impact...so true.

    Old follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-21-and-tgif-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have The Host but I leant it to a friend before I had the chance to read it and they bent the pages! So I haven't been able to read it yet.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following you back! Hope you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, The Host was really good! The Harry Potter books, well, I think pretty much everyone has read them, and if they haven't, it's because they don't read at all, and need sense to be inserted into their heads! Thanks for stopping by! Old follower :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog. A great read. Taruhan Bola

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...