Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (25)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 

In Honor
By Jessi Kirby
Release Date: May 8th 2012
Summary: Honor receives her brother’s last letter from Iraq three days after learning that he died, and opens it the day his fellow Marines lay the flag over his casket. Its contents are a complete shock: concert tickets to see Kyra Kelly, her favorite pop star and Finn's celebrity crush. In his letter, he jokingly charged Honor with the task of telling Kyra Kelly that he was in love with her.
Grief-stricken and determined to grant Finn's last request, she rushes to leave immediately. But she only gets as far as the driveway before running into Rusty, Finn's best friend since third grade and his polar opposite. She hasn't seen him in ages, thanks to a falling out between the two guys, but Rusty is much the same as Honor remembers him: arrogant, stubborn. . . and ruggedly good looking. Neither one is what the other would ever look for in a road trip partner, but the two of them set off together, on a voyage that makes sense only because it doesn’t. Along the way, they find small and sometimes surprising ways to ease their shared loss and honor Finn—but when shocking truths are revealed at the end of the road, will either of them be able to cope with the consequences?

I was a HUGE fan of Moonglass by Jessi Kirby, so I'm really excited for her new book! It's sounds so sad, yet so good. Rusty sounds like the perfect leading man and Honor seems like someone you could really root for in the story. It sounds like the young adult version of a Nicholas Sparks novel, and that's exactly how I like them. I'm so excited to read it and it's going to be so hard to wait that long for this book. Hopefully the time will pass quickly! 

21 comments:

  1. This book sounds like a great book. I always wanted to go on a road trip. I have been seeing a lot of people talking about this one lately. I will definitely have to check it out. I love the cover too. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard a lot about this one lately, sounds like a good choice.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a story that'll tug on the heartstrings. And I already want to know if they get in to meet the singer!

    Here's my WWW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a great read! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-7-brave-new-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the road-trip premise of this book. Brilliant pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Otherwhere.co

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing this one around a lot! Hope you enjoy it once you get it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I love the road trip themed books.

    Esha@ Readaholicme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm..Not usually the kind of book I would go for but it does sound interesting. Thanks for stopping by :)

    Megan @Xenophobic Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds like a tear jerker - and that can be a good thing when I'm in the right mood. Thanks for highlighting it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeep this one is on my to be read also!! I can't wait to it comes out, seems like it will be the perfect tear tearjerker/romance combo. Great one. Thanks for stopping by the blog. [:

    -ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages ⅼ Enter My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! I enjoyed Moonglass too :) Sounds like a good book-great WoW pick! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this late last year. It sounds really cute. Never heard of Moonglass but I'm curious about that one now. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I barely read any contemps, but every now and then I add one to my TBR list and hope I find time to read it. This is one of those contemps I want to read! I have a soft spot for stories about anyone from the military. I think this will be a really sweet and emotional book. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! im glad im not the only one waiting for this one!!! i posted this a few weeks ago!!! its just mmmmmmm cant wait!

    Tara and her giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I haven't read anything from Jessi Kirby before, but I will definitely check this out :) Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by! New follower :)

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm anxious to read this one too! I really enjoyed Moonglass and have been waiting for her next release. Great choice!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this one sounds so lovely. i hope it doesn't make me cry. lol.


    stop by my imm?! I have some dark picks this week!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-is-fun-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't get a chance to read Moonglass, but this one definitely looks like something I might enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice! I'm still debating on whether to add this to the TBR list or not. I have a hard time getting through the more emotional books like this one, but I may still give it a shot. Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...