Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Movie Review: Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows

Summary: Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey, Jr.) and his longtime trusted associate, Doctor Watson (Jude Law), take on their arch-nemesis, Professor Moriarty (Jared Harris), with the help of Holmes's older brother Mycroft Holmes (Stephen Fry) and a gypsy named Sim (Noomi Rapace).


Review: I really love Sherlock Holmes, so it's no surprise I liked this one even better than the first one. There was even more action, gadget, and insane tricks in this one. Though the movie was so long, there was rarely a dull moment among the fights and heart-stopping suspense. 


Robert Downey Jr. is the PERFECT person to play Sherlock Holmes and he is cockier than ever, which makes him such a lovable character. His ideas sound so insane, but end up working out when they most need them to. He has ridiculous disguises, but they just gave the movie a humorous aspect to this action packed mystery/adventure film. 


Watson's fianc√© plays a bigger part in the movie, which I'm glad because I really liked her. We also get to meet Holmes' brother, who is surely a character in himself. So all of the characters were so interesting and the story was pretty awesome. There were so many twist, turns, and surprises that I couldn't help but really enjoy the movie. If you were a fan of the first one, definitely check the new Sherlock Holmes out. And if you thought the first one was just okay, then give this one a chance. You may find yourself actually liking it! 




3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see this. I'm glad you liked it! I'll have to rent it soon. Great review!

    Amber
    http://falln2books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Robert Downey Jr in this role. It is so perfect for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a pleasure to meet a fan of Sherlock Holmes :)

    Downey Jr makes an interesting Holmes. I loved the first movie. I am yet to see this movie.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...