Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Movie Review: Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows

Summary: Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey, Jr.) and his longtime trusted associate, Doctor Watson (Jude Law), take on their arch-nemesis, Professor Moriarty (Jared Harris), with the help of Holmes's older brother Mycroft Holmes (Stephen Fry) and a gypsy named Sim (Noomi Rapace).


Review: I really love Sherlock Holmes, so it's no surprise I liked this one even better than the first one. There was even more action, gadget, and insane tricks in this one. Though the movie was so long, there was rarely a dull moment among the fights and heart-stopping suspense. 


Robert Downey Jr. is the PERFECT person to play Sherlock Holmes and he is cockier than ever, which makes him such a lovable character. His ideas sound so insane, but end up working out when they most need them to. He has ridiculous disguises, but they just gave the movie a humorous aspect to this action packed mystery/adventure film. 


Watson's fiancé plays a bigger part in the movie, which I'm glad because I really liked her. We also get to meet Holmes' brother, who is surely a character in himself. So all of the characters were so interesting and the story was pretty awesome. There were so many twist, turns, and surprises that I couldn't help but really enjoy the movie. If you were a fan of the first one, definitely check the new Sherlock Holmes out. And if you thought the first one was just okay, then give this one a chance. You may find yourself actually liking it! 




5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see this. I'm glad you liked it! I'll have to rent it soon. Great review!

    Amber
    http://falln2books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Robert Downey Jr in this role. It is so perfect for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a pleasure to meet a fan of Sherlock Holmes :)

    Downey Jr makes an interesting Holmes. I loved the first movie. I am yet to see this movie.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite books of all times. Order Dominos pizzas and avail heavy discounts and cashbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...