Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (15)


This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of! 

Fracture
By Megan Miranda 
Release Date: January 3rd
Summary: Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?
Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?
For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.

I normally don't read novels about death, but gaining abilities after you were supposed to die? Sounds interesting! And instead of the same old cliche seeing-the-dead-when-you-almost-die concept, this sounds like Delaney is going to develop a different ability that may actually be causing death. Overall this seems like a really interesting storyline. Oh, and the added hint of romance doesn't hurt either! Can't wait to read this one :)



17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds awesome!!! i just got If I Stay...im guessing you liked it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books about death so yeah it sounds great! :)
    I just saw your header and it looks beautiful! :D
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I've only seen the cover before, never read the blurb, so it's cool to learn about this one! Totally will be looking out for it now.

    Here's my Wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked both Before I Fall and If I Stay, so I might have to give this one a try. It sounds really good!
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one around a lot lately. Good pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got approved for the NetGalley of this one. Can't wait to read it! Great choice!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/11/www-18-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely loved both Before I Fall and If I Stay, so this one goes straight to my TBR list!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of this one too. Sounds good. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw this one on Netgalley! Does sound pretty interesting! Hope you like it once it releases!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick, this sounds intense! I can't wait to read it!!

    here is my WoW((:

    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just got my arc in the mail, though it doesn't have the pretty cover! just blank with a title, lol.

    here's my WOW post. stop by??!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh great pick! I have this one at home I plan to read it soon! :D
    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick this week. I've seen this around and still cannot get over how much I want this book.;D

    Kandee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also don't usually read novels about dead. ironically are these are the ones I end up loving most x) [and bawling my eyes out....] hadn't seen this book around, great pick and thanks, I'll be adding this to my TBR asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. True =) I can't wait to read it!
    I love your choice! The cover is so beautiful! I'm definitely adding it to my TBR! =)
    ~Hira

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just added this book to my Goodreads To Be Read List! It looks really interesting, and not to much focused on the actual deaths (at least I hope because, like you, I prefer not to read about death).

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    --Elisquared

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...