Friday, July 29, 2011

Book Review: Vanished in the Night by Eileen Carr

Summary: She doesn’t trust cops . . .
Veronica Osborne has had enough problems with the police, thanks to her volatile father. So when tall, strapping Sergeant Zach McKnight shows up at her door, she’s prepared for anything—except the news that her beloved missing brother, Max, has been dead for nearly twenty years . . . ever since he ran away.
. . . until she meets one who’d risk everything to protect her.
Appalled when the police suspect her father of Max’s murder, Veronica begins her own investigation. But as her surprising role in her brother’s disappearance surfaces, so do more bodies. The ghosts of Max’s past are working hard to hide the truth, while another, more sinister force will do anything to expose it. How far will a killer go to get revenge? And can Zach stop him before he targets the woman Zach’s coming to love?

Review: I love watching crime/cop shows like Rookie Blue and Castle, so I decided to try out a book with a similar storyline. I was pretty sure I would like it seeing as I love those shows, so once I started Vanished in the Night, it was no surprise that I got lost in how good the story was. The first part that got me though, was Eileen Carr's writing. I loved how she switched up who's perspective parts of the story were from, mixing in Veronica, Zach, and even the killer's thoughts in the story. It was cool being able to read about the killer, but not know who they were for a while. I also liked how Veronica and Zach's relationship progressed. It wasn't too fast like some books, they were attracted to each other, but it still took a while for them to act on it, like how real life actually is. I think that some parts of the book may have moved too slow, but all of it still fit together well in actually solving the case. When the book started, I liked how the book opened up with them finding the body and then introducing the other characters by contacting them because of the death. It all flowed together really nicely and it made it a good, quick read. I felt like I was watching another one of the crime shows I loved, so I really enjoyed reading this book. I'm so happy I got to read this and if you like the same shows I do, then you should definitely pick up this book!




2 comments:

  1. this looks interesting, I think I shall check it out since you've liked it so much!

    http://ya-toxic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Castle and Rookie Blue, too! I'm so flattered to be compared to those shows. Thanks for the great review and let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...