Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Book Review: On the Rocks by Kandi Steiner

On the Rocks 
by Kandi Steiner
Release Date: June 13, 2019
Source: Author
Noah Becker is nothing but trouble.

That’s what Mama told me when I was a kid, kicking his pew in church and giggling at the games we’d play. It’s what the town said when his father died and the Becker brothers went wild. 

And it’s on repeat in my mind the day I walk into the whiskey distillery where he works to buy a wedding gift for my fiancé.

He’s trouble. 
Dirty, sweaty, rude trouble. 

No matter how many times I repeat it, I can’t escape Noah in our small Tennessee town. And the more I run into him, the more he infuriates me. Because he sees what no one else does.

He sees me—the real me. 

The me I’m not sure I’m allowed to be.

I’m Ruby Grace Barnett, the mayor’s daughter. Soon to be a politician’s wife, just like Mama and Daddy always wanted.  Soon to fulfill my family’s legacy, just like I always knew I would.

Until the boy everyone warned me about makes me question everything, like whether the wedding I’m planning is one I even want. 

Everyone says Noah Becker is nothing but trouble.

If only I had listened.


Anytime I hear Kandi is coming out with a new book, I mark my calendar and count the days until that book is in my hands. The minute a copy of On the Rocks landed on my kindle, I devoured that book!

Ruby Grace Barnett is back home in Stratford, Tennessee and ready to marry the perfect man in six weeks. The perfect man who she can be the perfect politician's wife for. The day she encounters Noah Becker is the day her life turns upside down. Noah is nothing but trouble, and he's not afraid to ask Ruby Grace the hard questions. Does she want to be married so young? What about her own future? Ruby Grace is scared to answer those questions, but the more time she spends with Noah, the more she realizes the truth she's been trying to ignore, as well as some feelings she knows she should not be feeling... 

Starting this book, I was very wary it was a romance between a 19-year-old and a 28-year-old. I don't typically like the girl being super young, but Ruby Grace was presented very mature for her age. She was such an altruistic person and I loved how selfless she was. When it came to her relationship with Noah, they really because friends first, which made me such a fan of their romance. Neither one jumped in head first, but instead got to know each other and really understand each other before more feelings came about. 

I love small town romances, and this had all of the small town romance vibes and more. The town was very important to the plot of the story and how Ruby Grace made her decisions. I also enjoyed how important their families were to the story. We don't really get anything from Ruby Grace's sister, but I loved Noah's family and how important they were to him, especially his mom. The characters were built up very well so that I already can't wait for book two in this series!

Overall, this was a super sweet romance that hit the spot for me. I loved the slow burn of Ruby Grace and Noah's relationship and the drama that unfolded by the end of the book. As usual, I was sucked into this book and became obsessed with this romance! All romance fans need to read On the Rocks!




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...