Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Book Review: Reckless by Lex Martin

Reckless 
by Lex Martin
Release Date: February 20, 2018
Source: Author
Tori…
For the record, I’m not going to hook up with my boss.

I'm a lot of things—a screwup, a basket case, a flunky. But when I take a nanny job to be near my pregnant sister, I swear to myself I’ll walk the straight and narrow, which means I cannot fall for my insanely hot boss.

I don't want to be tempted by that rugged rancher. By his chiseled muscles or southern charm or the way he snuggles his kids at bedtime. Ethan Carter won't get the key to my heart, no matter how much I want him. 

Ethan…
Between us, she's the last thing I need as I finalize my hellish divorce. 

What sane man trying to rebuild his life wants a hot nanny with long, sexy hair, curves for miles, and a smart mouth? A perfectly kissable, pouty mouth that I shouldn't notice.

My focus is on my kids and my ranch, not the insufferable siren who sleeps in the room next to mine. It doesn't matter that she wins over my kids in a heartbeat or runs my life better than I do. Tori Duran is the one woman I can't have and shouldn't want, no matter how much I crave her. 


I fell in love with Lex Martin's writing when I first read Shameless and experienced the emotional roller coaster of Kat and Brady's story. I couldn't wait to read another book in that small town, farm life world! 

Tori is used to screwing up and disappointing everyone in her life. And when she finds out that the man she actually saw a future with was a complete lie, she accepts that she will never amount to anything and is destined to be alone. When her pregnant sister sets her up with a nannying job for a single dad who owns a ranch, Tori is determined to prove she is worth something. Ethan is trying his best to keep his ranch and family afloat, but it's hard juggling everything while dealing with the rough divorce from his wife. When he hires Tori to watch his kids, it's hard for him to ignore the attraction he feels for her. But the last thing he needs is to fall of this nanny, no matter how right it feels. 

I've got to say, Tori was a character that I'm not used to reading about and I actually found her very refreshing. She had made so many mistakes in her past, flunked out of college, and was "the other woman" in a relationship that really broke her when she learned he was married. She was so determined to succeed at something and I loved how natural she was with Ethan's kids. Just like Izzy in Shameless, I absolutely loved Mila and Cody and think they added something so special to this story. 

Since Tori and Ethan were so against starting a new relationship, this was definitely more of a slow burn romance where it took them awhile to even hang out in the same room together. Tori tried so hard not to get in the way, but I loved how it was impossible for her to ignore the hot, sweaty rancher she was living with. I also really loved how close Kat and Tori were in this book and how present Kat and Brady were in Ethan and Tori's lives. There were so many friends and family and I really loved the whole crew of characters we got. 

Overall, this was everything and more that I wanted from this book. If you love single dad romances or small town, ranch romances, you are going to LOVE Reckless. You won't be able to get enough of these characters or the slow development of Tori and Ethan's sweet romance. You definitely have to pick this up!




3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...