This is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where each week bloggers share a list of books for the prompt given. So hopefully I'll have a new list to share with you all each week!
This Week's Topic: Top Ten Book Turn-Offs
Hmmm, this is a tough one. I never stop reading a book that I've already started, so I don't really have a list of things that'll make me put a book down once they happen in the story. I do, though, know some things that happen in a book that just make me go...
So I'll try to make a list of those! Here we go...
1. Making it seem like cheating is okay
2. 2nd person POV (as in, they say "you did this" and "you did that")
3. Authors repeating words/phrases (*cough* Fifty Shades *cough*)
4. Not enough action in the story
5. When there are too many characters to keep straight
6. Unrealistic dialogue
7. When a paragraph takes up multiple pages and won't seem to end
8. So many typos that the mistakes distract from the story
9. When every single male in the book infatuates/falls in love with the main character
10. There are absolutely no rules/parents for the main character in a YA novel and they get away with doing ANYTHING